Thursday, September 9, 2010

R: for mature audiences only

Woke up this morning after an awful dream, feeling horribly ill;  spent the next hour in the bathroom being disgusting.  Hopefully it's over now, but going to stick with liquids today, as far as ingestion is concerned.  Clare was right;  I should have brought tons of medication with me, instead of thinking that I'm enough of a country girl that I wouldn't be affected by ChinaFoods.

Currently sitting on the second floor of Charlie Brown Cafe (the only one... sort of... open at 7:00 am).  Restaurants here have a habit of opening their doors as soon as the workers arrive, but not really serving customers/turning on the internet/opening the bathrooms until the actual opening time on their sign.

... Learning that the hard way :)  So, by the time this is posted, the current local time in Beijing will most likely be 9:00 am.

Note:  To the person who gave me the S/T album for Electric President... thank you.  Being able to blast it in an empty restauarant is helping, a lot.  *cough* JEREMY *cough*

Other side note:  I want a pet chipmunk, but I should not get one.  I want a pet chipmunk, but I should not get one.  I want a pet chipmunk, but I should not get one.  Even though they are cute, and they are for sale on the pavement outside.

This might be the delirium talking, so excuse the R-rated nature of the following question, but where do Chinese university students have sex?  The dorms aren't co-ed, and there are middle-aged women guarding the entrances (which close at 11:00pm).  Bars on the windows for the first two floors.  I guess it sets the stage for a sort of Romeo and Juliet balcony scene, and maybe a Rapunzel-esque "Hey, climb up my bedsheets!" thing, but God.  Paying for a hotel isn't cost-effective at all, especially since they're mostly targeted at westerners.  And it seems like there's NEVER any privacy, since so many people are squashed together all at once.

But they MUST be having sex, though - most of these kids are holding hands and there's an excessive amount of PDA on the streets, especially at night.  Condoms are readily available in supermarkets, and I've even seen people buying them. 

... But that's kinda gross, I guess.  So I'll change the subject.  Children, you can uncover your eyes, Paige was just talking about puppies and such.

Regarding my current housing situation:  Liu Dianbo (who's the international coordinator guy - and, for Clare, Colin, Tati and Denise, he's the dude who sent the email five hours before my flight with the message "maybe you should come on the 15th") sent another email, saying that international student housing should be ready towards the end of September or the beginning of October.  So I still have quite a while in the Chinese student dorms, but at least it's during the autumn instead of the winter. 

DUDE I JUST ASKED THE PEOPLE FOR THE INTERNET AND THEY UNDERSTOOD!
Except, um, I didn't understand their response.

... Story of my life.

Love,
Paige

1 comment:

  1. :/ Feel better...I'd tell you to go check out the pharmacy for some pills...but it'd be kind of a pain to communicate about disgusting things.


    Also: I'm pretty sure they have sex...just not in dorms. Try apartments (some people have those) or rent by hour hotels...it was built for tryst purposes.

    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2004256053_chinasex03.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete