Sunday, November 7, 2010

Heal the scars from off my back / I don't need them anymore

Things I miss:

Home.

I miss theatre practice.  Lake Whitney.  The "Sara Pinner Day!" sign.  Snagging hugs in the hallways before class.  Searching for the nudist colony that you KNOW exists, but can never find.  Emu farms.  I miss hearing about the crazy shit that people do on the weekend from twenty different sources before lunchtime.  I even miss Frau Radde (that means it's serious). 

There may have been homesickness and nostalgia before, but it's never, never been this bad.

I'm so tired, guys. 

Compounded with the memories of high school are the memories of college -  nights with Team Blonde, staying up late writing papers in Fondren, dodging the residue from Baker 13, eagerly anticipating the next college night.  Walking around the Heights or Montrose.  Finding a bookstore/coffee shop, and hanging out for hours.  Holy God, free refills on coffee.  I miss free refills so much.

I miss life being similar to "King of the Hill".  WTF is wrong with me?

Don't get me wrong;  Beijing is great.  I've met some awesome people, and there have been good times.  If I was a little more receptive to the good times, there would probably be Very Good Times.  Speaking of which, where the hell is the Comp-Sci-version-of-Tyler-Durden?  I haven't seen him or his lovely longboard in ages.

ARGH, fuck this.  Enough feeling sorry for myself.  This isn't even about China.

Sino-updates:

I went to go see a concert on Friday, primarily because the headlining band was getting decent reviews on The Beijinger (Dead Farmers, from Australia).  The two bands prior completely blew the DF out of the water, though!  Residence A and the Bedstars.  Started talking to two girls nearby, Sophia and Amy, and got introduced to the first band (Bedstars).  That was interesting.  There was also a dude from Madonna's record label in the audience, which was a... different experience (one of the people in his entourage, a Chinese dude named Lucifer who was clad in an incredibly ostentatious jacket, was one of the only people I've met who could genuinely qualify as a "Character"). 

The Bedstars are... wow.  If you want details, ask.

Saturday was my class at CNU high school, which went exceptionally well.  My lesson was on "strange international laws", and at the end of class I played the music video for Gorillaz's "Clint Eastwood", then introduced some of the vocabulary after they were tricked into liking it.  Next week, I think I'm going to do Urban Legends and K-Os's "Love Song".  Epic :)

Tonight is the Sunday Open Mic night at Lush, which should prove to be interesting.  Nobody let me do anything stupid, k?

<3  Paige

2 comments:

  1. I highly approve of your song choices. This might not help your nostalgia any, but just know that you are exactly the kind of person I would entrust with spreading American culture to other countries. It's basically your responsibility to the world to share the awesome :) THIS IS YOUR MISSION, PAJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nostalgia is nothing to be ashamed of...when you get back it will be all that much better! miss you too, baby <3s and *s

    ReplyDelete